Monday, November 28, 2011

The Feast


I have been reading from Solomon’s proverbs this morning. He spoke volumes about our thought life and the positioning of the heart. Let’s begin with an example.
Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil. But he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast.
The Hebrew word for afflicted literally means “to be depressed in mind”.  On the other side of the coin is the merry heart.  The merry heart has a continual feast, or the blessing just keeps coming and coming. I like that. It reminds me to keep my heart in the right position. Solomon said in another place. “Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.”
Wow! I am thinking the feasting sounds good right now. My heart, your heart is powerful! Out of heart are our boundaries set, or as our heart is enlarged.  When the psalmist David was in hiding in a cave he proclaimed. “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing, yea, I will sing praises.”
By singing praises we position our most powerful instrument the recreated heart. Out of your heart flows life. Out of our inmost being flows the course of our life. 
You may say to me “I can’t help it, I am depressed today” I can relate. I have been there. The psalmist David has been there. We are instructed in another place “for the spirit of heaviness, put on the garment of praise”! 
Put on that garment! Don’t wait another minute! Put it on, put it on! Reposition your heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment